- Highly-Accredited Tests & Accurate Results
- Continous Medical Supervision During Treatment Period
- Experienced Doctor
Book Your Appointment Today!
Urinary incontinence (UI) is the accidental loss of urine. It can occur at any age, but it is more common among women over 50 than men. Urinary incontinence may be a temporary condition that results from an underlying medical condition. It can range from the discomfort of slight losses of urine to severe, frequent wetting.
The following are some of the different types of urinary incontinence:
- Urgency incontinence
- Stress incontinence
- Functional incontinence
Urinary incontinence is when there is a defect in bladder release or holding Urine. This means you often leak urine by accident. This could be due to:
- brain doesn’t signal bladder correctly
- a blockage in urinary system
- The muscles around bladder aren’t working well
There are many different types of urinary incontinence. Some are more common in men than women. It happens more often in old age, but it’s usually treatable.
Symptoms may include but not limited to:
What are the Treatments for Male Urinary Incontinence?
There are different treatment methods for urinary incontinence to enhance bladder control for men, but this depends on how severe it is and what its underlying cause. Sometimes your urologist might use a combination of treatments. Whether it is medication to treat overactive bladder and relax the bladder muscles and non-invasive treatment (such as Magnetic Incontinence Therapy Chair).
What health and lifestyle habits can help reduce the likelihood of incontinence?
There are several simple things you can do to help maintain bladder and urinary health, including:
- Try to Urinate regularly and don’t postpone
- Monitor your fluid intake. Try to Drink at least six to seven 8 oz glasses of water a day to keep your bladder healthy. When dont drink enough water, your urine is more concentrated and may irritate the lining of the urethra and bladder.
- Be aware of your diet. A lot of food – contain caffeine, alcohol, acidic foods (like tomatoes and citrus fruits) and drinks , chocolate, artificial sweeteners, hot spices and carbonated drinks-can provoke your bladder. Take time to educate yourself about what foods and drinks activate your leakage and then eliminate them from your diet.
- Consider the weight factor A five to 10% weight loss can help ease the added pressure excess weight puts on your bladder and surrounding muscles and help in controlling your incontinence.
- Practice pelvic floor muscles exercises, also known as Kegels, to strengthen the muscles that help control urination. Kegel exercises work the muscles that you use to stop urinating. Making these muscles stronger helps you hold urine in your bladder longer. Also there is a Magnetic therapy chair that provide rehabilitation support to muscle in the pelvic floor to aid with incontinence issues using electromagnetic wave.
Isn't Urinary Incontinence a normal part of aging?
No.The changes that occur as we get older as menopause in women or prostate enlargement in men could contribute to incontinence, but that doesn’t imply that you just have to live with it. Many cases of urinary incontinence can be treated, managed or healed.
Why Choose Us
Our goal is to provide our patients with a personalized and safe treatment experience. The well-being and privacy of our patients is our top priority.
Meet The Doctor
Dr. Osama JaberMEDICAL DIRECTOR
GERMAN BOARD OF UROLOGY (FACHARZT)
Dr. Osama Jaber studied medicine in Germany, where he received his Doctor of Medicine title on June 13, 1997, then spent the next 6 years specializing in the field of urology and successfully obtained the title of “Facharzt” (Consultant) on March 22, 2003 by the Westfalen-lippe Medical Association Public Body in Munster Germany.
His professional career steadily developed starting as an assistant physician at the Ministry of Justice Hospital in Fröndenberg, Germany then in St.Elisabeth Hospital in Iserlohn, then Urologist Physician Facharzt in Marien Hospital Erwitte, Germany where he acted as operator and surgeon in practically all important small and medium standard urological surgeries.
Let Us Take Care Of You.
Book Your Appointment.
Submit your details and we will get back to you to schedule an appointment within 24 hours.
URO Diagnostic Clinic
Suite 202-203, 2nd Floor, Al Biruni -
Building 52 Oud Metha Rd - Dubai
Sat - Wed: 9:30 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 9.30 am - 4 pm