Management for Low
and High Risk Pregnancy
- Highly-Accredited Tests & Accurate Results
- Continuous Medical Supervision During Pregnancy Period
- Experienced Doctor
Book Your Appointment Today!
Low and High Risk Pregnancy
Pregnancy occurs when a sperm fertilizes an egg after it’s released from the ovary during ovulation. The fertilized egg then travels down into the uterus, where implantation occurs. A successful implantation results in pregnancy.
On average, a full-term pregnancy lasts 40 weeks. There are many factors that can affect a pregnancy. Women who receive an early pregnancy diagnosis and prenatal care are more likely to experience a healthy pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby.
Low and High-Risk Pregnancy
What is a low-risk pregnancy?
A low-risk pregnancy is define as:
- Being pregnant with only one baby, not twins or triplets
- The baby is growing normally and is in an anterior, or head down position
- You have been healthy throughout the pregnancy and have shown no signs of medical or obstetric conditions
- Labour should happen between 37-41 weeks. No premature or late deliveries
- No new problems have developed during labour
What is a high risk pregnancy?
A high risk pregnancy is define as:
A pregnancy is considered high-risk when there are potential complications that could affect the mother, the baby, or both. High-risk pregnancies require management by a well experienced specialist to help ensure the best outcome for the mother and baby.
A woman’s pregnancy might be considered high risk if she:
- is age 17 or younger
- is age 35 or older
- was underweight or overweight before becoming pregnant
- is pregnant with twins, triplets, or other multiples
- has high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, or another health problem
- had problems with a previous pregnancy, including premature labor or having a child with a genetic problem or birth defect
The screening consists of the following:
- Preliminary Examination
- Antenatal pregnancy tests
- Ultrasound for the entire pregnancy
- Follow ups treatment and consultation
Early Signs of Pregnancy:
- missed period
- nausea and vomiting (often called ‘morning’ sickness, but it can occur at any time)
- passing urine more frequently than usual, particularly at night
What need to know more about the symptoms of high-risk pregnancy:
- Vaginal bleeding or watery vaginal discharge
- Severe headaches
- Pain or cramping in the lower abdomen
- Decreased fetal activity
- Pain or burning with urination
- Changes in vision, including blurred vision
- Sudden or severe swelling in the face, hands, or fingers
- Fever or chills
- Vomiting or persistent nausea
- Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
If you are experiencing any difficulties,
Call Us Immediately At +971 4 4325 006
Why Choose Us
Our goal is to provide our patients with a personalized and safe treatment experience. The well-being and privacy of our patients is our top priority.
Our fast, discrete, confidential, and highly professional services are all geared up to respect your privacy.
Diagnosis & On
We are a specialist testing clinic delivering the best testing and effective treatment.
Dr. Amal Almulla has more than 25 years of hospital and private experience. She is a consultant Obstetrics, Gynaecologist and reproductive medicine specialist.
Let Us Take Care Of You.
Book Your Appointment.
Submit your details and we will get back to you to schedule an appointment within 24 hours.
URO Diagnostic Clinic
Suite 202-203, 2nd Floor, Al Biruni -
Building 52 Oud Metha Rd - Dubai
Sat - Wed: 9:30 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 9.30 am - 4 pm
Call Us+971 4 432 5006
#1 Urology Clinic in Dubai